MTB with a pacemaker

thenoodle

Does anyone out there have a pacemaker and ride MTB? It doesn't seem like there is much research out there and my cardiologist reckons smooth roads (forest/district roads) should be ok but my concern is, if I enter a race, terrain usually varies alot.

I had an irregular heart beat before and rode quite a lot but since the op (7weeks ago) I haven't ridden at all.

I hope there are guys/gals out there riding with a pacemaker or someone that can shed some light on the topic.

Thanks!

I wouldnt know about MTB but my brother in law has a pacemaker and ran the Comrades three times and also a 100 miler....so you should be ok I guess, best to make double sure. U dont wanna stuff around with things like that. Good luck and hope you get back in the {MTB} saddle soon!

Edited by RudoJ

Hi i ride with a defibrillator, was implanted in Febr 2011 and i did the Trans , K2C and a few other races with no problems......got shocked while training but that was due to a lot of factors including bad road surfaces high heart rate etc etc then it was decided to "switch" that function off..........pm me if you want to know more

Cool. Thanks for the info so far! rudoj, I will get in contact with you.

I lived for 30 years with out a pacemaker, so I wont die if it stops working but I REALLY dont want to go through the process of getting the cables into my heart again!