26er or 29er for 11K, Merida TFS 900 26er 2012 or silverback mercury sport 29er 2012

ZaCh256

I am looking to sell my mongoose tyax super and looking to to get about 2k for it, the reason for my selling is that I have out grown it. I have now moved onto a large frame size in terms of measurement.

I need help in deciding on what bike to get...my first option is the Merida TFS 900 2012 and the second option silverback mercury sport 2012

Will be using the bike for both on and off-road rides...

What am I better off with? And any other bike better than these two for the same amount of money?

Edited by ZaCh256

29er if you are doing marathons. 26er if you are on the rivet on very technical tight courses and know your stuff. You will however get a lot of nice value if you get a 26er pre-owned cause it seems no one wants to buy them anymore and hence no one can sell them easily.

• 3 weeks later...

Well yesterday I got the bike I could have only dreamed of!! I was lucky enough to get the most amazing trade in on my mongoose, a wopping R4000!! And with this I was able to get the Mercury comp!! Although it is the sport frame(all the frames are the same and so I just had the components from the comp put on because they didn't have a large frame in the comp and if I did want a large frame it was either the sport frame or have to get the 2013 model which would have cost and arm and a leg! I need both of those for riding!) I must admit going off-road I have never felt so confident! Hills were no problem and everything is perfect on the bike! Best decision I have ever made! And all this for R13k! Thanks to urbancycles and their generocisty and gudence.

Edited by ZaCh256

Well yesterday I got the bike I could have only dreamed of!! I was lucky enough to get the most amazing trade in on my mongoose, a wopping R4000!! And with this I was able to get the Mercury comp!! Although it is the sport frame(all the frames are the same and so I just had the components from the comp put on because they didn't have a large frame in the comp and if I did want a large frame it was either the sport frame or have to get the 2013 model which would have cost and arm and a leg! I need both of those for riding!) I must admit going off-road I have never felt so confident! Hills were no problem and everything is perfect on the bike! Best decision I have ever made! And all this for R13k! Thanks to urbancycles and their generocisty and gudence

Enjoy, i have the Comp with parts built over from my previous Modanine in a warranty replacement.

Local brand dealership and support is very good. :thumbup: