Shock settings

Heel Drop

I just got my silverback Storm 1 and wondering about the setting on the fork. I see some marks and numbers on the fork. What are they for and how do I set the fork up correct .

I took it for a ride and no serious bumps ride and the little red rubber ended up around 20mm form the top of the fork so not sure if its hard enough?

post-36234-0-97951100-1347519765.jpg

those markings and the O-ring are for setting your sag.

I don't ride XC bikes, but as far as I know your sag should be 10-15%.

The bike shop that sold you that bike without educating you about the fork - fail :thumbdown:

It's a Rock Shock.

Positive and negative chamber.

Pump the positive using the guidelines on the left leg and pump the negative 5 psi. less.

Set the rebound and enjoy the new bike.

Good looking machine.

Set your sag to 20%

Move the rubber down to the wiper, sit on your bike climb off and see where the rubber sits. Should be 100mm of travel so check that it sits on that marking. Adjust pressure till it is there by repeating the above.

Edit: rather listen to what Dangle said.

Edited by Smolster

thanks ......I will have a look on the shock . I did see the air inlet on the one side . Sag I understand if I sit on the bike the red rubber should be on 20% marking is that correct ?

I bought form Cape town so it was couriered to me .I am sure if I phone the shop they will assist just though Id post the question here