Can this combo be converted to tubeless

blind

Dont know if you are serious or I am too noob to get the joke http://1.1.1.4/bmi/www.thehubsa.co.za/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/wacko.png

lol

Dead serious. Google "ghetto tubeless" It is a cheap way to go tubeless. It was really satisfying to do it and the gardener doesnt get punctures anymore.

You can convert ANY tires to tjoobles esp with a ghetto conversion. Just don't

cut the sidewall when trimming the tube. I did once.

You can convert ANY tires to tjoobles esp with a ghetto conversion. Just don't

cut the sidewall when trimming the tube. I did once.

Thanks Dick, now Blind can see Im not pulling his chain!

No i dont want to do the getto thing lol.

Want to use the stans or similar kit.

I want to do it properly so if I have to buy new rims and tyres then so be it.

But if these will work Ill use them.

No i dont want to do the getto thing lol.

Want to use the stans or similar kit.

I want to do it properly so if I have to buy new rims and tyres then so be it.

But if these will work Ill use them.

Im pretty sure they will work Blind. Cheers

blind... keep in mind that although any tyre may seat... it's not guaranteed and when they unseat under pressure it can be pretty dangerous.

Wire beaded tyres are not recommended.

Folding tyres should work, but I have had an incident, with non-UST foldable tyres, which resulted in sealant in my eyes and mouth, a bleeding tongue, buised quads, and loss of hearing for 2min.

My recommendation would be to use proper tubeless tyres.

Just something to keep in mind.

As for the ghetto tubeless... I've done it on one of my bikes and I personally thing it works better than tubeless strips. With strips the tyre seals against the rim which is sealed by the strip (which is basically a thinner version of the ghetto "rim strip".

With the ghetto way the rim strip seals directly onto the tyre... rubber on rubber, making for a better seal. What's more, one can use schrader valves (not those spaz presta ones), which makes topping up with sealant a whole lot easier.

Oh... it costs a fraction of the price. (R35 for a "ghetto rim strip" vs R150 for branded)

So the rims are good to convert?

I dont mind buying tubeless tyres , since I dont like those Kenda Small block 8's very much.

I've tried with Kenda small block (wire bead) on Alex wheels, its :cursing: difficult to get the tyre to seat properly and by the time i did i lost most of the sealant, fitted maxxis and the tyres held even without sealant.