My BRAND new commuting machine!

lloydkayak

Enjoy! We'll probably see each other on the commute. Converted mine to SS, added the light and thicker bar as well as Conti tyres....lots of fun and cheap as chips! Running 44x16

Awesome man, I have a few plans for the bike.

Not going single speed (yet?) as the bike must also ride and argus etc not so keen on chappies with one gear :)

I think for the money it is bucks well spent.

Got a new bike clock to keep track of the kilos, works out roughly R1 per 1km saving over driving the car. So, 12.5km down 4000 more to go before it gets blinged :clap:

Been looking for the other Giant commuters in stores but had no luck.City cycles seem the only shop to stock them.settled for 29er

Welcome to the party - sitting on R10 000 in savings!

Darnit, thats a huge saving

Was just going to ask why it isn'y SS.

I am no bike ninja... lots of training required before looking that route

Been looking for the other Giant commuters in stores but had no luck.City cycles seem the only shop to stock them.settled for 29er

This is why I didnt haggle all that much or shop around for prices, distributor had limited stock alread (of 2013 bikes?) only a couple of larges and they basically told me city cycles had recently ordered!

Checked out the Scott Metrix, it was XL, a tad big but better components for the same price... The 2013 range is landing in a while still though but they have brought in the 40 and 30 which are both very very nice looking! The 30 will be around R5000 but seems nice indeed

Enjoy! We'll probably see each other on the commute. Converted mine to SS, added the light and thicker bar as well as Conti tyres....lots of fun and cheap as chips! Running 44x16

Sjoe, maar dis blink wiele daai

I checked one of these today at City Cycles, they are sweet got them to weigh it, comes in at 12.6kg. I'm now thinking of getting one for commuting when I move to CT later this year.

Sjoe, maar dis blink wiele daai

Haha, dis nie eers die wiele nie, dis die reflective strips op die tyres. Ek soek vir daai strips dat ek dit op my seatstays kan sit. Die bike is nie 'n fashion statement nie maar eerder iets om my veilig en reliable elke dag by die huis te kry.

Haha, dis nie eers die wiele nie, dis die reflective strips op die tyres. Ek soek vir daai strips dat ek dit op my seatstays kan sit. Die bike is nie 'n fashion statement nie maar eerder iets om my veilig en reliable elke dag by die huis te kry.

You're right, for commuting, bright is right!

Think Christmas tree all lit up and flashing and then still make it brighter until blind drivers can see you from a mile away even while the're talking on their cell phones! If you can make it so bright that onlookers suffer mild concussion, that's even better!

Btw, you can get just about any kind of reflective plastic tape from Maceys Plastics in Paarden Eiland.

Edited by DJR

Thanks, wil go have a look there. I do turn the light down for runners and cyclists approaching, as I'm sure they'd find the blinking quite annoying!

Picked this baby up from city cycles yesterday for R3800 incl a few extras!

Even thought today wwasnt just "drizzle" as I thought, was still and AWESOME ride in... 30 minutes instead of 40-45 minutes with my dually!

Whoop

Very Nice bike! what are the specs?

Entry level mtbike groupset and shifters (combination of alivio and altus) 8 speed cassette with tektro v brakes I think.

Aluminium frame and fork with a geometry slightly mnore relaxed than a road bike (head angle of 73 vs 71 on giants road bikes)

35mm wide entry level tyres on 700c/29er rims

Comfy saddle, cheapy plastic pedals

I am stoked

Hey just a question, can disc breaks be used on this frame/fork combo? or is it v brake only?

Edited by siamesekatz

So there is a threaded hole (single boss) on either side of the fork and two threaded holes and either side of the rear triangle (at the dropouts)?

No clue if this means disc brakes can be attached?