Buzzrack Moose 4 - defective, buy Thule products instead

Felixcat1

I recently purchased a BuzzRack Moose 4 from the Complete Cyclist. Coming back from a weekend away the rack came off my car completely destroying all four of our bikes. I followed the instructions to install the rack correctly and was well within the weight capacity as two of our bikes were kids bikes.

Mike and Sue Fowler of RFA, the local distributors, have refused to admit that the product had any defects and that it was not installed correctly - "but as a gesture of good will" will replace the bike rack....question is, if the product was not defective, why replace it free of charge?

Anybody else had a similar experience with this inferior product?

Edited by Felixcat1

Hey at least you got something out of him... He played games with me in the past... To scared to even reply...

Do a search for a thread about a defective Magura fork. You will see people's attitude to suppliers replacing a product as a gesture of goodwill instead of bad publicity for poor backup.

• 3 weeks later...

Mike from the Complete Cyclist has stepped up to the plate and reimbursed me for the cost of the bike rack, thanks Mike. Sue and Rodney Fowler of RFA - maybe you should take notice of how credible brands and after sales service really work.