Road routes in Cape Town

nini14

Looking for safe(we are 3 women) and about 60km long road routes to do from the city...?

I often do a Newlands-Tokai-Simons Town and back route which is about 60km. Relatively quick, easy and safe route. I assume that you mean from the Cape Town CBD (from the city). From there I would ride out towards Noordhoek and back. Pop me a pm and I might be able to suggest a better alternative route for you.

From City centre, ride through Sea Point, Camps Bay, Hout Bay, Chapmans Peak, Noordhoek and back for about 60km. It involves a fair bit of climbing, but it is safe (from a crime point of view). The first part through Bantry Bay and Clifton is a bit narrow if there is traffic later in the day, but is quiet enough early in the morning. I sometimes start from Camps Bay Southwards to avoid the narrow bits. Once you are in Noordhoek, the whole of the South Peninsula is your oyster and you can string together up to well over 100 km if you feel that tough.

Looking for safe(we are 3 women) and about 60km long road routes to do from the city...?

To the top of Chappies & back...

Good workout with solid climbing.

• 2 weeks later...