Spruit Tabletops

Mileage

Rather make the tables too long than too short. Over jumping a landing is not fun. It hurts. Alot.

haha! yup! if I was short on a certain table instead of 3m long, I wouldn't have broken my collarbone. I wouldn't have had surgery and steel plates and screws. I would have been able to spend my last few days in Morzine riding, not walking around the village in a back brace :lol:

But when it comes to gaps... if Peach was longer over a certain gap jump, he would have got more than 3 days riding in :lol:

So yeah, ultimately it's a Goldilocks thing... not too long, not too short "just right". But for now... we try them out! I'm keen!

haha! yup! if I was short on a certain table instead of 3m long, I wouldn't have broken my collarbone. I wouldn't have had surgery and steel plates and screws. I would have been able to spend my last few days in Morzine riding, not walking around the village in a back brace laugh.png

But when it comes to gaps... if Peach was longer over a certain gap jump, he would have got more than 3 days riding in laugh.png

So yeah, ultimately it's a Goldilocks thing... not too long, not too short "just right". But for now... we try them out! I'm keen!

Invite me...Ill come take pics..

I tried your jumps today Mileage. Good work! They're a nice little rhythm bit.

Only feedback so far... the line from the last table to the ditch jump is a bit off. Especially as one wants to carry sufficient speed over the ditch. Also that ditch jump is going to lauch quite high (higher than the ditch jump near Fratelli's) so a landing might be needed. Landing that to flat won't be fun.

But yeah, reat work! PM me when you plan on building again and I'll try pull through with a spade

Edited by patches

Awesome work Mileage. I stopped and chatted to you while you were building... We will definitely be trying them out tomorrow evening. I want to see if Mr Xmas Tree can turn two tables into a gap jump. :P

Yeah I also noticed that they wernt lined up when I went yesterday morning to ride. The three table tops work but I realised that I had to build the ramp off to the right so you didnt pin your head on the tree branch, which puts No3 out of line

Ill go next week one mornig and move the 3rd jump a bit right. I think that I just need to move soil from one side to the other and that should fix it.

Will let you all know when Im there if anyone can help out a bit

Oh and I have a few more plans for that stretch of trail. Coming back from emmerentia there are a few elevated manholes (30-40cm bricj structures) I assume for storm water. I think a little ramp leading up to them will allow for a bit of a launch off them.

Ill see what soil is available from the building site and see what can be done. Will need to get a trailer load and move it further up the trail. Not wheeling a barrow all that way!

Hey Mileage, I've chatted to you a couple of times on my way to work in the morning. I'll try and get down there with a spade before work some time next week and help out. Well done on starting something there.

The takeoff on the jump over the stream is actually really nice. Even though it's flat on the other side, the landing's not too heavy, though a bit of a slope on the other side would make it more comfortable. Maybe when you move the third tabletop you could take all the soil out the middle, turn it into a double roller and use the extra soil to build the landing on the other side of the stream?

I asked the builders at the centre if we could use a bunch of their dirt and they said it was fine. Might be easier to haul it over there with a bakkie rather than doing 20 trips with a barrow. You keen to work on them this afternoon or tomorrow morning?