Anyone else still battling with their (Absa) insurance after the hail storm

Ibicam

Curious to know how other hubbers on the East Rand are fairing with repairs after the hail storm on the weekend.

I have come to despise Absa even more now after trying to get them to sort my claim out. A week later, and about 10 phone calls and I eventually have a claim number.

Besides all of the other damage, they have not even been able to arrange for the 12 or so windows to be repaired yet. Complained on their action line on Tuesday and would you believe have not heard anything from them other than receiving an SMS with a reference number that they have my complaint.

So for me it has confirmed that they are paralysed by process and red tape and cannot give a hoot about their customers.

I closed my credit card with them on Monday and am closing my current account next week when my last 3 debit orders are confirmed as moved.

For now I have a house with no more electric fence, plenty of roof tiles broken, windows smashed, gutters shot, yellow celings and more, and feel absolutely helpless.

Only guarantee I have is that my HOC insurance is going to be moved from Absa the moment this clown show is sorted.

At least you got a number, I am still,waiting for the accesor, to make things worse I am a private bank client, and my " personal banker" name actually rhymes with banker ie wnker of note!!

House windows and roof totaled, new amarock still waiting cause they got such Back logs????