Last min 94.7 questions

Active Monkey

Cool so im racing sunday in JJ group with my MTB and have installed semi slicks( still had tread just a bit thinner and has tubes)

Now, how many bombs do i take, how many tubes, power bars etc...

In short what apart from my bike do i take and how much of it?

Also, if you get a flat.. Is there crews or do you do it all aelf?

Take a gel for every 30-45minutes.... it depends on how often you're used to taking them.

Power bars.... 1-2, what time are you aiming for? I don't race with bars myself, they take a while to digest, but that's just me.

One tube should be enough. Two punctures are twice as unlikely as one puncture :P

Crews? If you want to have a crew, go do F1 :D Elbow grease brother ;)

Take a gel for every 30-45minutes.... it depends on how often you're used to taking them.

Power bars.... 1-2, what time are you aiming for? I don't race with bars myself, they take a while to digest, but that's just me.

One tube should be enough. Two punctures are twice as unlikely as one puncture :P

Crews? If you want to have a crew, go do F1 :D Elbow grease brother ;)

Don't usually use gels.. But haven't done such a long race yet.

Im aiming for 5 hours.... But might be less. I now ave a rate of 20kmph in the city with stop go stop go of traffic and stop signs. So just one bomb then too?

Be careful of Gels like GUI they can make you feel kuk if you are not used to them, don't take 'em. GUI Chews are good though.

One bomb should do + one tube, you need to sort yourself although you might find someone will stop and help. They sometimes have wrenches (and wenches) at the pit stops for mech issues, otherwise you have to wait for the grim sweeper.

Hydration is NB, esp, if its hot. Take a sip every 30 mins. And eat a bit or two every hour.

Edited by kosmonooit

You don't want to get a flat and have to wait for support. It could take so long that you miss a cut off and your race is done, unless someone stops to help you, as mentioned above.

In my opinion, stay in control with what you can. So have a flat repair kit, spare tube, tyre levers and a bomb or two.

And your water bottles and food for the road.

Don't forget the other basics like your race number and helmet. Leaving them at home will mean you don't get to ride. And your timing chip.

You don't want to get a flat and have to wait for support. It could take so long that you miss a cut off and your race is done, unless someone stops to help you, as mentioned above.

In my opinion, stay in control with what you can. So have a flat repair kit, spare tube, tyre levers and a bomb or two.

And your water bottles and food for the road.

Don't forget the other basics like your race number and helmet. Leaving them at home will mean you don't get to ride. And your timing chip.

Wanted to say the same!

2/3 bombs (+adaptor and tyre levers), spare tube + stick on patches. These do not weigh much, but their absence can cause huge delays.

A nice addition for later, since you don't want to carry an entire tonne in your jersey pocket....

Saddle bags are nice if you don't care about their looks. I taped my spare tube to the underside of my saddle on my road bike (and to my seatpost on my mtb).

You get bomb holders for your CO2 bombs. They screw into it and you bolt it to the back of your bottlecage. They cost around R50 for a double one.

Ja I'm not shaving the legs.

Got all my stuff laid on my kitchen table:) hela nervous! But excited

From admissions by some, and questions by others it would appear as if hubber moved up from shaving legs...wacko.png