Advice please: New Bike for around R4k

Zenbaas

Bought my wife a Momsen recently for just under R5k and I am really impressed with remote lockout etc being standard on this MtB. She is very happy and you won't go wrong with this choice.

Also looking for some options, its a real pity that in 2012, almost 2013, there are not more shops with decent websites and pricing.

I will shortly be selling a Scott Aspect 30 for R3500. The components are brand new, the frame has done about 5-600km and does have one chip on it. I bought it and put my usual components onto it for a tour (I needed a frame that I could fit panniers on). I will have the Scott rebuilt within the next few days and will post a pic. It is a small (15 inch or whatever) with Acera gears, tektro brakes and suntour xtr fork.

• 2 weeks later...

Aaaan I'm back again. Decided on a Silverback Alpine 1 for myself for R5900 (over budget but hopefully worth it) and have been trying to find a decent small frame for my SO without much luck. I have been looking at some second-hand bikes and came across this;

Zaskar GT Expert for R5900 and another one for much more.

Now the guy in the second add (after googling his cell nr) seems to sell a myriad of things mostly consisting of quad bikes etc. Can you guys/gals please give me your thoughts on this matter...?

Aaaan I'm back again. Decided on a Silverback Alpine 1 for myself for R5900 (over budget but hopefully worth it) and have been trying to find a decent small frame for my SO without much luck. I have been looking at some second-hand bikes and came across this;

Zaskar GT Expert for R5900 and another one for much more.

Now the guy in the second add (after googling his cell nr) seems to sell a myriad of things mostly consisting of quad bikes etc. Can you guys/gals please give me your thoughts on this matter...?

The zaskar on the gumtree advert is very over priced!!!! The Junk Mail Zaskar is a much better bike - offer him R5000 and you will have done very well. Even for R5500 you'll be satisfied.