No CSA license covered by PPA membership for 99er

walkerr

PPA organized racers does NOT require you to ave a day license. This was feedback that I received from the PPA more than a month ago.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It comes down to, are you a racer of a funrider? If you want to race, pay, if you want to talk k@k go do a coffee ride 4 free wink.png

LOL !!!!

Don`t pay the R35 per race. Just get an annual license @ R75. In exactly 2.142857142857143 (75/35) races it pays for itself. Or else see it as R6,25 per month covering all events in that month, for 12 months.

Not all PPA events

PPA organized racers does NOT require you to ave a day license. This was feedback that I received from the PPA more than a month ago.

Not all PPA events require CSA membership license, but the big events do. And if you look at the calendar as an mtbiker, there now are many events not organised by PPA, but by Amarider and others, and what I`ve seen is that the norm is that they require CSA membership license. So the R75 annual license is a must for me.

See how clueless I am? By this time I'm so used to getting raped I bring my own Vaseline...

:-D

Well .... I've learnt a lot through this thread guys, thanks for that (and I voted on the "what should PPA do with the money poll).

You've convinced me that the CSA has a role, and is probably a necessary evil to a well organised sport. I'm less than impressed to see in there accounts though that a huge chunk of the license fees goes to accountants, lawyers, admin and other stuff that won't end up directly back to benefitting cycling. They may have a good vision, but it's going to be slow progress to get there if they squander their funds so badly. End result in my eyes, CSA are perhaps not as bad as I thought but heck they could do a lot better.

Sadly, you've also convinced me the PPA are not as good as I thought they were too - they have a bank balance with 3 years worth of subscriptions in it, but now they refuse to pay members CSA licenses, even though in reality that money was paid by us originally. Worse, they haven't dropped the R75 off their membership, and the calendar for next year looks probably the weakest in the 5 years I've been riding here in WC.

What I completely fail to understand is why they don't have an integrated model - starting at the grass roots level with the club you belong too, working up through the provincial body, and finally to the national body. If all of those groups worked together and not in their own vacuums, how much better, more accessible to everyone, and safer could our sport be.

Well put, walkerr! thumbup1.gif

And thank you for taking the time to learn more about the background of cycling and administration as well as about PPA and CSA. If you are interested, you might find it useful to attend those respective organisations' AGMs. The dates should be on the respective websites.

Well put, walkerr! thumbup1.gif

And thank you for taking the time to learn more about the background of cycling and administration as well as about PPA and CSA. If you are interested, you might find it useful to attend those respective organisations' AGMs. The dates should be on the respective websites.

Cheers - with young family, my time is always short, But I'll make sure to take a note of the dates and try and get along where I can.