Tubby cancer

Jason

OK, so after the Fast One I inspected my bike and realised my tubby has cancer, luckily it's not testicular so the nuts stay, but it did lose rubber! Cry

Can one patch this up and if so with what? I don't wanna splash out R650 for a new tubby. Here the pics, any advice?

20080127_125139_Tyre01.JPG

20080127_125209_Tyre02.JPG

If your car tyre had that type of damage would you patch it up?????...... nah...... you would worry yourself to death going down the slightest downhill....... hell..... you would be as grey as I am in no time!!!!!!!!

Imagine going down Chappies or Hekpoort on that!!!!!!!

PS look at the scuff mark on the sidewall as if a sharpish pebble peeled the tyre surface away. Did you ride on the shoulder somewhere by any chance?????
Big H2008-01-27 13:14:10

Did you ride on the shoulder somewhere by any chance?????
Nope, no shoulder... Open piece of road

Had a similar problem with a almost new Vittoria Corsa Evo Angry The inner casing looked undamaged, so I decided to keep riding it. Got about 300km more out of it before it flatted (in a race Cry). Threw it away. 

Looks like I have to get a new one.

Michelle
took the tubby in to C-Lab this morning and the doctors confirmed that it only has 2-3 weeks left to live. The Corsa's are good tubby's but what other ones would you chaps recommend?

Some credible reviews that I saw rated tubbies on rolling resistance as follows:

1. Veloflex Carbon 

2. Gomitalia Route du Nord 

3. Gomitalia Platinum 

4. Vittoria Corsa Evo CX 

The first 2 had low puncture resistance.