difference between XT/XTR/LX

Chrisel

I upgraded my XT cranks to XTR cranks and the difference is huge, nothing to do with performance though, the feeling of awesomeness was the reason I upgraded, like the okes say, XT is pound for pound the best value money can buy.

My purchase of the XTR cranks was based on pure emotion and disregard for the cost of blades which will not last as long as my XT cranks. All that been said, no regrets, go with your heart not your head I say.

I rode Avid Juicy 5 for 3 years and then had a few rides on XTR and they are just as good as the wright ups say.

I couldn't justify the price for the XTR so I opted for XT.To tell the truth,I can't feel the difference between the 2.they are very good brakes and I am sure that with the trickle down technology that SLX will be just as good

Upgraded from juicy 3 to Slx and took them for a test drive yesterday, what a difference!

Go and have a look at Solomon's as well.

Got a full set with rotors for 1650

What would be the difference in weight between something like an xtr and an xt rear deraileur?

Minimal,

Places to save weight on a mtb:

• frame

• wheelset

• shock

• handlebar

• stem

• seatpost

• crank

Places to not save weight on a mtb:

• tires

• cassette

• chain

• saddle

The rest of the components you pick according to reliablity, durability and personal preference.

Just my 2c.

• 1 year later...

Ok. I use to be a Roadie for Years, sold the bike and now looking at Mountainbiking, This thread solves SLX, XT and XTR for me, please link me up with archive post on whare to start in Mountainbiking. MTB = Box of Smarties