Powertap SL 28 hole vs. 32 hole

Oxymoron

I bought a second hand Powertap SL last year (July) to add some method and meaning to my training. I am only competing against myself.   <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I had the hub built into a Mavic Open Pro wheel by Johan Bornman. Excellent job done by him. Started riding with it, but soon realised I need to have a trainer who can assist with training programs. It is working very well.

The hub is a 28 hole hub. Johan Bornman also stated clearly that he would have preferred it to be a 32 hole hub. Reason became more and more obvious the last couple of months. I keep on breaking spokes on that wheel. So much so that I can not trust to use the wheel during races anymore. I broke a spoke again during yesterday?s Fast One race.

Same thing (breaking of spokes) happened before and then I bought Easton Vista?s. 20 spokes in front and 24 at the back. No problem with it whatsoever in almost 2 years time, until I got my Powertap and had to have it built into another wheel.

I am 47 years old, 1,88m and weigh 108kg. Ok, I know that the weight is part of my problem.

There is only one solution to my problem. To follow Johan Bornman?s suggestion and get a 32 hole Powertap SL hub. I can see only 2 options:

Buy a 32 hole Powertap SL, new or secondhand, or

Find someone willing to swap my 28 hole hub & wheel for a 32 hole hub & wheel.

Any other suggestions or anyone willing to swap?

Thanks

Oxymoron2008-01-29 01:35:06