Wheelset for heavy okes

madmaxgf

Any decent wheelset will do as long as the wheels are properly built. The rims must be of the box type and the hubs must be of a good quality. The most spoke damage comes when the spokes are not tensioned properly. This causes play on the spoke head and the spoke normally snaps on the bend. In Tandem cycling we use DT brass washers between the head and the hub to eliminate play. We have a set of DRC rimmed 32 spoke with Joy-tech sealed bearing MTB hubs on the tandem.

We are a heavy pair. (190kg)

The wheels were useless when I got them but I purchased a Park Spoke Tensiometer and started working on the wheels. With a very short learning curve and building my own very cheap wheel truing stand the wheels have now been performing flawlessly since April. No truing was done since and they work' date=' no spokes were broken either......... the secret...... proper spoke tensioning.

[/quote']

So where would be a good place to buy the Park Tool Spoke Tensiometer? Contantly have problems with our tandem wheels.

American Classic Hurricane Wheelsets

i don't know the rims but the hubs are no good. two friends ("normal weight") of mine have/had them and are most disappointed!

But Orca' date=' you are not a heavyweight. will they last for me??[/quote']

Probably not smiley2.gifsmiley36.gif<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

WW any decent cycle shop that sells Park Bicycle tools would be able to get it for you. I think I aid in the region of R500-00 for it. Go and look on the Park website.