Table Mountain Night Ride. Every Thursday at 6:30pm

Polo

Looking for more ladies to join the night ride. We have one keen lady riding with us who would like to grow the girls group.

We ride for the enjoyment of it and are more than happy to adjust the ride so that it suits everyone.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are back to the usual route up to the Blockhouse and back this evening. Expecting a good turnout, weather is looking fine.

Our new pit-stop afterwards is Van Hunks in Kloof Street. They bent over backwards for us last week. We had our own parking bay for the bikes with a security guard. Burgers and Pizzas are good and there is a vast selection of local craft beer to choose from. And the #tmbnightride gets a special deal.

Looking forward to good fun tonight (and less mechanicals!).

Was outstanding fun last night, one always feels a touch guilty as one of the slow riders, but the group's leading and sweeping is done with choice benevolence.

And indeed, despite not having any semblance of hipster about me, Van Hunks was an excellent post-ride socializing venue.

These night rides really are an excellent way to pre-weekend-prep for in summer.

Glad you enjoyed the ride and Apres Mtb.

We try to balance the speed of the ride to suit all fitness levels and someone will always drop back to stay with the slow riders. We want everyone to ride the whole route and not feel left out.

Van Hunks have embraced the #tmbnightride group and we look forward to keeping them as our Stop of choice on a Thursday night.

• 1 month later...

Weather looking good for tonight's ride. I expect the DC participants will sit this one out.

Van Hunks giving us 15% off our bill. They recognise the value of a weekly booking and support the night riders.

If you're local and enjoy craft beer, good food and a comfortable atmosphere, give Van Hunks a try.

It's for the the likes of us that used to jol at The Shack when it opened. Chris started that and is also behind Van Hunks.

We're the 40+ crowd now, the Ou Ballies.

Come and ride with us.

We are riding tonight. Might be a bit breezy out there, but we might make a plan.

See you there. Need to get on the bike!!

Me and a friend are keen to join you guys for our first night ride tonight if it's happening.

Any recommendations for a good light for night riding? I have a 200 lumen MagicShine light, seems very bright but maybe not enough for trails.

Hi Schben

the ride is definitely happening tonight. You will only need a light for the last 20 minutes of the ride, but it's also the most technical. Bring the light you feel most comfortable with.

See you tonight.

• 1 month later...

Night Ride is back up and running.

6:45pm departure from cnr Ivy & Kloof Str.

Good fun, no stress with a couple of frosties and a burger at the end.

Everyone is welcome to all the TMB rides in the week, no need to be a member.

• 10 months later...

December 4, 2014

This is our end of year night ride and the format changes a little.

Thanks to Subaru Cape Town , Cape Brewing Co and Devil's Peak Brewery, we will be enjoying beer & pizza on the mountain next week.

We will ride as per usual from the corner of Kloof & Ivy Street at 6:45pm and head up to the Blockhouse. Instead of finishing at Cocoa Oola, we will stop at the end of Tafelberg Road and meet up with our support vehicle, filled with hot pizza and cold beer.

Table Mountain Bikers members eat and drink on the house.

Non-members are most welcome to join, but will have to pay R50 each.

RSVP by Monday for catering purposes to ride@tablemountainbikers.co.za

We are expecting a big turnout

Sounds like fun! I have to work Thursday and don't know my schedule yet, so I can't say if I will be able to make it (my work hours usually vary a lot).

I really love the idea and like what you are organizing  :thumbup:

Archived