Eggbeaters on road/TT bike

blacksmith

Hi all,

Need some advise. I just became the proud owner of a Felt B2 TT bike, but need to purchase some pedals. My background is mtb'ing on which I use crank brothers eggbeaters. I also have eggbeaters on my road bike and don't have any problem with them since I use the same shoes. But now with the latest addition I have the choice of also putting some eggbeaters on or totally convert to road pedals. I'm planning on purchasing new shoes anyway.

So, are there any disadvantages of using eggbeaters on a road/TT bike (performance wise), except maybe for the odd look I might get from the purists (not that I really care)?

Cheers

For that matter why not use normal MTB cleats? Never understood the reason for road cleats as they are more difficult to walk with. Please share the wisdom.

if you are going to buy road shoes, you will need to use the Crank Brothers quattro cleats

these cleats will fit both eggbeater and candy pedals

the Eggbeater pedals and quattro cleats were used by members of the now defunct Lotto Domo team a few years ago

Fast Freddy Rodriques even won a stage of the Giro D'Italia using them

if you are going to buy road shoes, you will need to use the Crank Brothers quattro cleats

So normal CB cleats will not fit on road shoes? Sorry, road shoes are an unknown to me

normal CB cleats will not work on road shoes

only Crank Brothers quattro cleats will work on Road shoes so that you can use your Eggbeaters or Candy's