XCADEY Power Meter

TheoG

My XCADEY power meter worked 100% for about 6 months now but suddenly stopped working.  I cant connect to it from my phone or bike computer, seems as if the Bluetooth signal is simply gone.

Anyone else experienced similar problems with XCADEY?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, TheoG said:

My XCADEY power meter worked 100% for about 6 months now but suddenly stopped working.  I cant connect to it from my phone or bike computer, seems as if the Bluetooth signal is simply gone.

Anyone else experienced similar problems with XCADEY?

Does the led on the unit come on ? I know of someone that had problems charging the unit turned out to be a bad connection between charger plug and spider. 

2 minutes ago, warick_wrx said:

Does the led on the unit come on ? I know of someone that had problems charging the unit turned out to be a bad connection between charger plug and spider. 

Thanks, I will check again, but last time it did look like it was charging.

Edit:  Just put it on charge again, light is solid green which means it should be fully charged, but its still not "communicating".

Edited by TheoG

3 hours ago, TheoG said:

Thanks, I will check again, but last time it did look like it was charging.

Edit:  Just put it on charge again, light is solid green which means it should be fully charged, but its still not "communicating".

If origional owner and bought it locally you could perhaps get it warrantied. Think Black Marlin are the distributors. Or try log a fault with them see if they can suggest anything. https://xcadey.com/xpower-s-replacement-service/  

Else :

􏚲. Turn the crank to make the power meter wake up and the LED
will twinkling blue.
􏚳. Search and connect the power meter on the bike computer.
􏚴. Connect the device named XPOWER-S XXXX if using Bluetooth.

3 minutes ago, warick_wrx said:

Else :

􏚲. Turn the crank to make the power meter wake up and the LED
will twinkling blue.
􏚳. Search and connect the power meter on the bike computer.
􏚴. Connect the device named XPOWER-S XXXX if using Bluetooth.

The blue light is not flashing when waking up the power meter .... 😒

I just checked on mine. Once I spin the crank to wake it up the green led pulses every 5s or so. Then turn on cell phone Bluetooth and it finds it. Not sure if there is a hard reset available as everything is sealed on these units. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2022 at 5:54 PM, TheoG said:

The blue light is not flashing when waking up the power meter .... 😒

did you find any solutions? mine also have this issue... and also 6-7 month old.

the led is turn on while charging (red or green) but when rotate, there is no led and not detected by my bike comp or smartphone.

1 hour ago, gowesbet said:

did you find any solutions? mine also have this issue... and also 6-7 month old.

the led is turn on while charging (red or green) but when rotate, there is no led and not detected by my bike comp or smartphone.

No solution yet.  Unfortunately I ordered via AliExpress and XCADEY in China is not responding to any of my communication .... ☹️

@TheoG Try and purge all bluetooth connections from the device. Not familiar with XCadey power meters, but generally if a device has a power button, switch off, and switch back on, but hold the power button for about 20 - 30 seconds. Alternatively remove the power meter from all previously connected devices, like your phone. Remove the battery the power meter and let the power meter completely de-load. 

15 minutes ago, Dappere said:

@TheoG Try and purge all bluetooth connections from the device. Not familiar with XCadey power meters, but generally if a device has a power button, switch off, and switch back on, but hold the power button for about 20 - 30 seconds. Alternatively remove the power meter from all previously connected devices, like your phone. Remove the battery the power meter and let the power meter completely de-load. 

Thanks, but there is NO Bluetooth signal coming from the unit.  Also there is no ON/OFF switch, it power up by it self when you start riding (normally, don't do that anymore).

Anyone with XCADEY specific experience?

I had a similar issue. LED would turn red while charging, but then nothing once I removed the charger. logged a fault with the LBS I bought from. Black Marlin adds you to a WhatsApp group with Black Marlin, X-Cadey Support, and the shop you bought it from on the group to trouble shoot. In the end my unit was warrantied with a new one. Turns out it was a battery issue. 

Edited by Grease_Monkey

12 minutes ago, Grease_Monkey said:

I had a similar issue. LED would turn red while charging, but then nothing once I removed the charger. logged a fault with the LBS I bought from. Black Marlin adds you to a WhatsApp group with Black Marlin, X-Cadey Support, and the shop you bought it from on the group to trouble shoot. In the end my unit was warrantied with a new one. Turns out it was a battery issue. 

Thanks, was that also about 6-7 months from you got it?  If yes, then it seems like mine is a battery issue also.