KCNC Stem & Bar

RodTi

Hey all...

Been a while.

Season's greetings!

Looking at buying the mtb KCNC stem and oversize handlebar...

Both weigh in at about 130g each, give or take.

So very light - Skandium me thinks...

Anyone have these on their rides?

Any good - strong enough?

Thoughts/opinions/blah blah will be appreciated!  Tongue

Ta!

A friend of mine have them on his Scott, has never had a complaint about them, and I beleive youre right that they are skandium so pretty light.

KCNC's stuff really rocks. I've got the seatpost and stem. I wanna get a set of their cranks and brake calipers. Its lighter and stronger than carbon

Hey FanD...

Word of caution about the cranks.... heard some rumours about a recent batch of them that didn't stand up for the duration of the 180 race a while back... bearings went or something.... Quite a few of them packed up at once...

Having said that - plenty of others have apparently been running just fine - so maybe it was just a dodgy batch...

Their v-brakes look really sweet.

Would've saved up and got me some, but they're not compatible with dual-control pods - so unfortunately a no go...

Hopefully having my stem and bar fitted tomorrow - can't wait...

And then off to Lebanon - whoopee!

Hi Rod, I am quite interested in those KCNC bars and stems, if you don't mind me asking what did you pay per piece?

KCNC MTB stem and bar's = brilliant. 

Had them on my bike for a couple of months now and havnt had a single issue. 

Cant comment on the cranks

Hi Rod' date=' I am quite interested in those KCNC bars and stems, if you don't mind me asking what did you pay per piece?[/quote']

Hey Racer...

Ja - haven't managed to go for a ride yet - but they look pretty cool, particularly the 'winged-K' logo design on the stem... Bar is pretty understated too, which just some simple white letters - which I like!

Weight wise, well - dropped my ride from 10,96 to 10,84 kgs... which isn't too bad!(?)....

I picked the stem up for a tad over R700, but you'll have to do some searching on a price for the bar. I struck it lucky by paying less than half of what I think it normally goes for - which I think is between R400-R500, but it could be a tad less....

Hope that helps...

oh joy...

The only bad thing I have to say about my new KCNC oversize bar is that my bike computer holder/platform no longer fits on my handlebar...

Oh well.

Guess this is as good a reason as ever to upgrade again :)...

Alternativley you could keep the computer and your holder/platform and pass the bar and stem my wayWink

• 1 month later...

I use KCNC cranks, handlebar,stem, seatpost and now skewers, seatclamp and road brake calipers and haven't had ANY issues. They are superlight and very reliable.