TBL in Giro

Gumpole

Who?s In:
First, the good news. Giro director Angelo Zomegnan announced that 21 teams of nine riders would contest the opening Grand Tour of the year. The selection has been based upon ethics, the quality of the teams, internationalism and also the long-term relationships with RCS.

AG2R-La Mondiale (FRA), Barloworld (GBR), Caisse D?Epargne (SPA), Cofidis (FRA), CSF Group-Navigare (IRL), Diquigiovanni-Androni (VEN), Euskaltel Euskadi (SPA), Francaise Des Jeux (FRA), Gerolsteiner (GER), Lampre (ITA), Liquigas (ITA), LPR Brakes (IRL), NGC Medical-OTC (SVI), Quick Step (BEL), Rabobank (NED), Saunier Duval-Scott (SPA), Silence-Lotto (BEL), Slipstream (USA), Team CSC (DEN), Team Milram, Tinkoff Credit System (ITA).

The mix is a fairly typical National Tour blend of international squads and smaller home grown teams, including LPR, which is the new home of 2007 Giro winner Danilo Di Luca, and Gilberto Simoni?s Diquigiovanni-Androni outfit. Both riders left ProTour teams at the end of 2007, and have been the catalyst for their current teams invite to the 2008 race.

Astana Not!! LOL