Quick question... busted spokes

mikethebike234

I have busted another spoke on my crappy wheels and it looks like there might be a gap in the crappy weather today ..question will it be ok to ride the bike with a busted spoke or will it damage the wheel beyond repair ..its not touching the frame ...close but not quite.. and yes I know I should replace these crappy wheels I'm actually trying to save up some money so that by around dec I should be able to buy something decent but the saving thing doesnt appear to be going to well....

Don't do eeeet! Last think u wanna do is cause more damage to ur bike or urself... Also, check the spokes on the other wheel too... Good luck!

I may disagree, depending on the wheel.

If it is a robust, 32-spoke (or more), 26er or 700C wheel, it is perfectly rideable. That's the whole point of a robust wheel - so that small incidents don't prevent your ride or you finishing your ride.

However, if it is a super lightweight 29er wheel, don't.

Edited by Johan Bornman

I snapped a spoke on my 26er a while back. Just cable tied it to the closest spokes and rode for another week like that. Did Groenkloof - all routes up and down with no problems.

No other spokes affected. Repaired when I had time for R60.00.