When do i stop Training?

Guest Heino

Guest DieBees

Looking at your photo you should have stopped last week.

Ha ha!!! Funny pic hey... It is not me, luckily. This guy smoked something illegal that gave him the "Im watching you" look...

As I have been told (by a doctor) when you get sick, your heart pumps harder to help pump blood around the body quicker. When you the exert yourself through exercise this puts even more strain on your heart but the pericardium (sack around the heart) does not expand. This can lead to a condition called myocarditis and this is what can cause a heart attack.

Bottom line, take a few days off, get better and give the poor legs a break too. Muscle has amazing memory andyour fitness will come back quick enough.

Hey, even Bradley Wiggins took some time out to get better!

Ha ha!!! Funny pic hey... It is not me, luckily. This guy smoked something illegal that gave him the "Im watching you" look...

Looks like a combo between Justine Blieber and Mr Bean

We currently have 30-35 people here in Cape Town on the transplant list.Most are under 45 years old.Most will tell you they exercised while sick and then just started getting worse over a period of time and YES some even just went to gym while sick.We do 12-15 transplants a year.You do the maths.Some are waiting for over a year for a heart.Some on the list unfortunately won't make it.Around 2 on the list if they can afford will get a artificial heart.

Bottom line is,you want to take a chance?

We currently have 30-35 people here in Cape Town on the transplant list.Most are under 45 years old.Most will tell you they exercised while sick and then just started getting worse over a period of time and YES some even just went to gym while sick.We do 12-15 transplants a year.You do the maths.Some are waiting for over a year for a heart.Some on the list unfortunately won't make it.Around 2 on the list if they can afford will get a artificial heart.

Bottom line is,you want to take a chance?

Scary stuff!!

Did a training ride Sunday. Battled...thought is was the wind. Noticed my HR unusually high.... Next morning...throat sore and fever. :( Been of the bike ever since. Rest ... Drink vitamins and goto bed early. .......amd wait to get better.

I have found being impatient just makes is worst and slows the healing process.

It is difficult ...... but unfortunatly the right thing to do. :(