Identify these riders!

Pilks

Might very well be just a random photo, Considering now i am seeing no Race Numbers. However i am also seeing no cables.

The cables are there...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably a composite painting, and in all probability the scene has been created, photography of the mid 80's would make getting a picture of that clarity under those conditions improbable. I agree with mid 80's based on the componentry, but the bike on the right seems to have a bike computer, where they that small back then ?

Have to agree with the above, both caps on backwards, dirt on both riders right arms, raining but the hair is dry - very poserish (is that a word?). Scene created IMHO.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks to me like a staged photo, in a studio. They dont look familiar to me, and I am pretty certain that was a picture from an old Cycling Weekly ad from Europe/UK. The other "giveaway" is the perfectly positioned hats, yet no sweaty fringes, and the fact you just cant make out the names on the bikes.

For the record, Robert Millar was much smaller than the guys in the picture.

But it is a fantastic picture. The Simplex shifters and the MODOLO levers are a sight for sore eyes!