[Event] Burry Stander MTB Series #2

Gerrievr

Event Name: Burry Stander MTB Series #2
When: 7 September 2013
Where: Dinokeng, Gauteng
Category: MTB

MTB Race #2

7 Sept 2013

The inaugural Burry Stander MTB Series #1 race was held on 11 May 2013 in Dinokeng and was a huge success. Community Sports & Recreation are now extremely proud to be hosting the next race on 7 Sept 2013.

Spring will have sprung in the bushveld so bring your friends, family and fellow riders to Nokeng Eco Lodge to participate in the next exciting race. All the routes will still pass through game reserves, and we've made some changes to make the rides more interesting. Thanks for your feedback from the last race - all the changes are based on this.

There will be plenty of activities for non-riders and children, so there's no need for that pre-race argument about how you're spending too much time on your bike! There's food, a beer garden, music, walking trails, a large pool, lapa areas, Wild Golf and so much more to keep everyone entertained.

We've launched our new website with all the race details, including accommodation and activities in the area, so why not make a weekend of it? Go to www.burrystandermtbseries.co.za to see all that's happening.

NOTES:

ON-LINE ENTRIES CLOSE ONE WEEK PRIOR TO THE RACE IN ORDER TO FACILITATE CORRECT SEEDING THROUGH THE SASEEDING SYSTEM.

RIDERS CAN ENTER LATE AT THE MORNING OF THE EVENT.

RIDERS ON THE SASEEDING SYSTEM CAN RIDE WITH THEIR PERMANENT BOARDS AND DO NOT NEED TO REGISTER ANYTHING ELSE

RIDERS WHO DON'T HAVE PERMANENT NUMBER BOARDS WILL BE PROVIDED A TEMPORARY BOARD AT NO COST.

We look forward to seeing you again and until then, ride safely.

The Community Sports & Recreation Team

Go to Event Page

I did the one back in May and it was really good, did a loop around the Rust de Winter dam then off into the hills, some nice concrete strips to keep your heart rate up and lots of semi-technical downhill sections that even I could manage. Must check the diary, keen to do it !

Hey, I would also like to see the route profile for this one.

Looking for a lekker easy 70km ride...

The one from May 2013 (Race 1 in the series) does not look too different from what is on their website for the 7 Sept race. Was about 960 m elevation climb.

post-9266-0-66679500-1378404490_thumb.png

Edited by Trelawney

The one from May 2013 (Race 1 in the series) does not look too different from what is on their website for the 7 Sept race. Was about 960 m elevation climb.

Shot man. Looks like its average difficulty.....

the last race was excellent...unfortunately they arent using the same route this time...

If I compare elevation profiles, a lot of it looks the same. Very cryptic on their web site though, in fact quite bizarre, different route sections are shown without any overall profile, assume access issues when they recorded them. And, of course, different does not have to be worse, maybe it's even better :-)

the organiser was chatting to the owner of my lbs, said the route is different, not going round the dam any more

Comparison of the 1st and 2nd events in this series.

- Red : 11 May 2013

- White : 7 Sept 2013

I really enjoyed today's event, not quite as technical as the previous one because of the change in how we got down off the mountain but a great workout with enough technical stuff to keep me happy.

post-9266-0-92501400-1378566915_thumb.jpg