For the ride of your life!!! Camelroc rocks!

Sniffie

We did the 30 km trail on Camelroc near Fouriesburg on Saturday, 31 August and all I can say is whow! What a brilliant piece of real mountain biking. Don't be fooled by the shortness, this is tough especially the climb at the start. Camelroc is not for beginners, you will have to bring some fitness, some more skill and lots of determination to do this technical climb without putting a foot down.

It is a relative new trail and according to Dermot O'Brien, the owner, this ascent have not yet been conquered by any one without a foot dab. (One of our party came close so it is not impossible.)

The scenery and the views over the Freestate and rural Lesotho from the top of Camelroc is simply breathtaking. The riding on top is taxying without being to technical.

This should be on every serious mountain biker's bucket list.

Camelroc is right next to the Caledonspoort border post so it could be used as a base for exploring Lesotho as well.

http://www.mtbroutes...ouriesburg.html

• 1 year later...

We did the 30 km trail on Camelroc near Fouriesburg on Saturday, 31 August and all I can say is whow! What a brilliant piece of real mountain biking. Don't be fooled by the shortness, this is tough especially the climb at the start. Camelroc is not for beginners, you will have to bring some fitness, some more skill and lots of determination to do this technical climb without putting a foot down.

It is a relative new trail and according to Dermot O'Brien, the owner, this ascent have not yet been conquered by any one without a foot dab. (One of our party came close so it is not impossible.)

The scenery and the views over the Freestate and rural Lesotho from the top of Camelroc is simply breathtaking. The riding on top is taxying without being to technical.

This should be on every serious mountain biker's bucket list.

Camelroc is right next to the Caledonspoort border post so it could be used as a base for exploring Lesotho as well.

http://www.mtbroutes...ouriesburg.html

Thanks for the review.  Going there this weekend.  Preperation for the Magalies Monster!  Will try to do the 30km 2/3 times, with some exploring towards Fouriesburg side!

• 2 years later...

Thanks for the review.  Going there this weekend.  Preperation for the Magalies Monster!  Will try to do the 30km 2/3 times, with some exploring towards Fouriesburg side!

Could you perhaps post the GPX file?

Archived