Black Leopard of Sabie

River Rat

BEE points of course.....

You being a Bushpig, I hope Blackie does not read this post, your life will be in mortal danger!!!!!!!!

Edited by Big H*

On the the 31st August my son and I rode in the Sabie forest around Klein Sabie when we spotted a large animal. I was in front at the time and I was convinced it was a very large black dog. My son was less convinced and we rode upto the spot where it had slunk off into the undergrowth. The track was elevated above the forest floor but we could not find the animal and we hung around for about 10 minutes. We decided to carry on but continued to debate whether it was a dog or something else so we dubbed it the werewolf of Sabie. Until my son came across this http://sabie.co.za/blog/?p=912 could this be what we saw?

They are beautiful and do exist - I was lucky enough to be introduced to a baby 8 week old being hand reared at a private cheetah breeding farm (this little fella was privately owned and orphaned for some or other reason)... the colour under the black is unmistakeably the same leopard markings. Absolutely gorgeous creature and had the hugest paws. In the run it was all over the place... loved climbing and very playful... stalking anything that moves. Instinct is there. Must try load some pics up of it!

Guest The Bushpig

You being a Bushpig, I hope Blackie does not read this post, your life will be in mortal danger!!!!!!!!

:D