Shotz

Garfield2010

For me:

Race Food for training. Really cheap per 100 calories and tastes fantastic.Too dry and too tightly packaged for a race.

GU Expresso Love for Race Day.

Tell us about the Shotz when you have had a few.

Edited by davem

Ja Dave I don't generally train with gels... But I will use these for the upcoming road races and even Midlands 70.3. I used to believe that it is better to stick with Gu as they give these to you in PE but having said this... Roctane gels was about as common as chicken teeth this year... I don't like their other gels...

If Gu like sponsors IM they should have all flavours and type of gels available everywhere. The only flavour I saw in PE was strawberry...

At the Otter trial run (last year) they also allow you to stock up before the race unlimited... Now that was awesome.

The current Kona World Champ uses Shotz so it has to be good...

I use Shotz effervescent tablets in my water bottle and the odd gel if I haven't eaten properly or need the extra boost. They work really well for me. The gels don't really give a kick but help maintain a decent output for a longer period without dropping you once they where off like some gels do.