Southern Suburbs Time Trial Route

MainRoader

A couple friends and I made a short (less than 2 minutes) route next to liesbeek parkway. If you commute past there or have a competitive spirit, go and see what you can do :). If you see some mense with bikes hanging by the tower we'll happily time you ;)post-47970-0-98941700-1381248585_thumb.png

This is just for fun, and maybe we will host an informal race day here at some point.

Just before Durban Road there's an old water tower: the route starts and ends there. The red part of the route is the beginning, and the green part is the end.

-Start with the front wheel contact point on the brick

-End when you enter the brick circle

The record thus far is 1.34.

What do you think?

Pretty dangerous to race with that dodgy slip road in the middle! And watch out for kids learning to ride on the cycle tracks ;)

Edited by iRide

Yeah, I wouldn't do it in the day without someone at the intersection stopping cars, but at 11 at night it's quiet :) There's also a public and free climbing wall there, for anyone who likes that sort of thing.