Help - Merida Ride Lite 91 2013 - Is this bike any good?

Caerus

Hi All,

I've got a bit of an issue regarding my newly acquired S/S, long story :( :angry: :( , so I was looking at swopping it for this bike. Not too clued up on road bikes so some input would be greatly appreciated. This will be my first road bike. Many Thanks

post-13006-0-63630000-1381462972_thumb.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS - MERIDA RIDE LITE 91

• SPEEDS 18
  • SIZES 50cm (C203), 52cm (C204), 54cm (C205), 56cm (C206), 59cm (C223)
  • FRAME Hydroformed 6066 aluminium with smooth welding and X-taper headtube
  • COLOR silk black(white/yellow)
  • FORK Full carbon tapered fork
  • DERAILLEUR Shimano Sora
  • SHIFTERS Shimano Sora
  • BRAKE LEVERS attached
  • BRAKES Shimano Sora
  • CHAINWHEEL Shimano R345 octa 50-34
  • BB-SET Shimano ES25 Octalink
  • CHAIN KMC X9 9s
  • HUBS Shimano 2200
  • RIMS Alex Race24
  • FREEWHEEL Sram PG950 11-28
  • TIRES Vittoria Rubino 25
  • HANDLEBAR Merida Comp Road OS
  • STEM Merida Comp 1 OS -10
  • HEADSET BB410p Neck-com
  • SEATPOST Merida Comp SB12 27.2
  • SADDLE Merida Pro SI

Its and entry level bike, with entry level components.

Sora is the bottom of the range for road use, so depending on your size and riding style you might brake that quickly.

Not clued up on the story behind the S/S so dont no the value of the bike, the Merida though 2013 Model is round R8k

Its and entry level bike, with entry level components.

Sora is the bottom of the range for road use, so depending on your size and riding style you might brake that quickly.

Not clued up on the story behind the S/S so dont no the value of the bike, the Merida though 2013 Model is round R8k

Yeah, they sell for that. It's basically for commuting and the odd long road ride as well as the August, so don't need anything to fancy, I am a mountain biker after all :thumbup:

When you say brake, do you mean break? :ph34r:

The S/S story is a cock up of note, long story short I was given a medium frame instead of a large, was told by the bike shop they would have a large for me today, but now I have been told that I will have to wait 3 months for a new frame :(

S/S story , Swak dude

Brake = Break, sorry for the poor spelling. As i said it all depends on your size and style of riding.

I'm 1.89m and have broken Sora when i use to ride road, but a friend of mine is 1.7 and the Sora is fine for him.

He only uses it for the odd "cycle challenge" where i used mine for "cycling"

So it all depends. Let us know what you decide.

Yeah, they sell for that. It's basically for commuting and the odd long road ride as well as the August, so don't need anything to fancy, I am a mountain biker after all :thumbup:

When you say brake, do you mean break? :ph34r:

The S/S story is a cock up of note, long story short I was given a medium frame instead of a large, was told by the bike shop they would have a large for me today, but now I have been told that I will have to wait 3 months for a new frame :(

When you say August, do you mean Argus? :ph34r:

Absolutely nothing wrong with this bike. The frame is great and they use the same one all the way up the spec range until you get to the carbon frames, so upgrading components at a later stage won't be a problem. The quality of the welds is also awesome - very smooth finish.

Bottom line though, is if the bug bites, you will be upgrading sooner than you think. I started on a Race Lite 901 and am now riding a Scultura EVO DA.

The Ride Lite is slightly more comfortable to ride than the Race Lite, so would be better for commuting

Edited by Dazshell