beast of the east

vinylguy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DId "65km" turned out to be 72km. Lost my sense of humour over the last 5 or 6km. Otherwise the race was nice.

Ok now it makes sense to me, because towards the end of the "65km" it seemed to go on and on. The route was fast and flat, like expected with no sections than can really qualify as seriously technical. Was at times quite aware of the wind, especially when riding into it. Overall it was a pleasure to ride through this part of S.A.

i really enjoyed the 20km - just went as fast as i could.... but the wind was hectic at times!

the only pain i have with this race is the starting setup.... winding through traffic down past Silver Lakes doesn't work- it's a hell of a safety risk. i saw numerous big suv's weaving through the bikes. imho the organisers should start the race somewhere else - not from a busy parking lot, into a busy single lane road with saturday morning traffic....

Is this race only once per annum?

Missed this one and i live right next to the race start.

• 2 weeks later...

See the BoTE IS is not being pushed to SAS? For seeding

Yeah was also waiting for that to happen?