Rant: Concept Cyclery - Melrose Arch

Stiggy

So I am all for helping my LBS, this is one store though that one should never visit!

Not once, not twice but three times have I had poor service from Concept Cyclery.

1st problem: my Garmin watch broke and needed to be replaced, as they are an authorized dealer and distributor I took my watch to get it seen to and possibly fixed/replaced. It took them 2months for any feedback, with me calling them weekly to get any feedback and constant nagging, I finally got my watch back (albeit a new one).

2nd problem, broke a spoke on my wheel, took it to them to get it replaced, with strict instructions to have it by Friday (this was Monday), didn't have it done on time on the Friday, came back in 30mins and it was done. Needless to say the spoke broke the next ride

3rd problem, got mtn bike serviced there, they put a new chain on (only done 500km odd on the old chain) without informing me. R500 hit for the new chain, chain broke within 3km of being on.

Maybe I was just extremely unlucky, but not impressed by the poor service and total lack of communication

lol - deja vu.

Quite a few posts in the past about this store.

Had one or two experiences there myself.

Edited by rattlesnake

Concept Cyclery does not fix Garmin products. Delay could have been from the Garmin side???

Spoke...........Ja they should have put in a bit more effort to get this done in time!

Chain that broke. Could be a manufacturers fault or maybe you abused the shifter....and you could have asked what the chain cost before telling them to go ahead with the fitment.

Edited by Hennie VR

Sorry to hear Stiggy.

I go often, had services, bought numerous stuff there, bought a few bikes there and never had an issue.

Best to go their and contact Ricky direct and he will definitely sort it out.

True I know they don't fix Garmin products, but all stories I've heard about Garmin and customer service has been pretty good.

As for the spoke, seems it was a rushed job.

The chain, they could have called me and told me of the damage