Women's group in Kenilworth/Claremont Cape Town

lowgear

Are there any not-so-fit women who want to gradually start building up their fitness by doing initially fairly easy rides and then building up strength and fitness over time? I am thinking of doing a group ride once a week areas close to Kenilworth/Claremont, other than just Tokai, which is mostly UPHILL. Let me know if you are interested.

• 2 weeks later...

I have two friends looking for a group to ride with in the early morning. They are on road bikes and don't have mtb's. they are building up,to Argus and currently doing triathlon.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all

Thanks for your replies! I am a beginner/intermediate mountain bike rider keen to build up my fitness and skills levels. I suspect that at this stage I am too unfit to ride with other clubs, especially fast males/guys. I am keen to get into a routine of riding twice a week before work for about 1 - 1. 5 hours. Prefarable starting time: 6.30 or 7 am. This is obviously negotiable. At the moment I ride on pavements, back roads, and cycle lanes/tracks (such as along the Liesbeeck and UCT jogging path and area below Kirstenbosch), so not so much hectically uphill. Where I cannot manage, I push my bike. I have worked out paths in the area that keeps me busy and gets up the heart rate for about 1.5 to 2 hours. I try to do the minimum of road cycling as I am scared of the traffic. Would be keen to know of any other paths that one could do in the Kenilworth/Claremont area that are not too majorly uphill at this stage. Would like to build up strength and fitness to ride in Tokai and Rhodes Mem. I have done about three 30 km MTB races, but would definitely not classify myself as very fit.

If you are interested in joining me on morning rides, please contact me on lowgear67@gmail.com.

Cheerio!

My mother is in that area and keen to join a group. She is just a bit slower than Megan on strava. I can pass on her details if you would like.

I have two friends looking for a group to ride with in the early morning. They are on road bikes and don't have mtb's. they are building up,to Argus and currently doing triathlon.

I am keen. When do you ride.

Hi Linz

See my reply below. Lowgear

My mother is in that area and keen to join a group. She is just a bit slower than Megan on strava. I can pass on her details if you would like.

Please do. You can contact me on lowgear@gmail.com

Speak to Grant at Trail and Tar in Tokai. I know there are quite a few woman of varying speeds that ride from there ,on road and mountain, during the week.

Hi Linz

See my reply below. Lowgear

I am aiming for Mondays and Wednesdays, 6.30 or 7 am, depending on when I have to be at the office. I have some flexibility.