Fourways to Woodmead

SimpleDom

Straight on Witkoppen. There are some nice dirt sections and the rest is like a scene from Premium Rush or Line of Sight.

• 1 year later...

I need a buddy to commute with me twice a week, Fourways/Douglasdale to Witkoppen, Sunninghill Hospital. Now that would be schweet, not safe to ladies to commute alone yet. 

• 2 weeks later...

Rats! Still dreaming of commuting though. Car commuting a schlep. 

Hi Cargyrl,

I have pm you. My company moved to Naivasha Rd in sunninghill. I will be commuting from North Riding towards Sunninghill. Not sitting 1h30 one way in traffic this year. Traveling from Bell airs Drive, jacaranda, Cumberland Ave towards main Rd, 12th, Bowling Rd crossing N1 and at work (Sunninghill). Let me know if you keen on joining and we can meet somewhere along. 

• 2 years later...

Hi guys,

Have a conference in sunninghill for the next 2 days from tomorrow, commute from fourways is 9.3km (i'm around cedar lakes) and google estimates 20mins to 50mins to be there at 8.30am. Anyone ridden from fourways to sunninghill recently? Have a MTB so toying with the idea of riding there...

Thanks!

I commute 3 days a week from Northgate to Sunninghill. Just go all the way down Wittkoppen. Normally takes around 50 minutes. From cedar road i would say around 25 minutes.

Pedestrians are more of a hassle than traffic but generally not too bad.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Last year I was commuting Broadacres to Sunninghill Shopping Center once a week on a MTB.

My route was Cedar Road - Witkoppen - Rivinia Rd - Van Der Bijl Ave and it was fine... I used keep to the dirt tracks as much as possible and as always, Bright Colours and always look out for yourself. 

The construction around Fourways Mall makes the road narrower and people get frustrated which makes them more aggressive. Be careful but I always say 50min on a bike beats 50min in a car any day!!!

Archived