[Event] Trans Karoo

Trans Karoo

Slegs een voorstel, waterpunte moet nie verder as 30km van mekaar af wees na die 1ste 100km nie.

Die ryers sal nie uit vloeistof raak soos die geval Saterdag was nie en dit sal die ryers positief hou om net 30km na die volgende stop te ry.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with Mads, thought it was 1 of the better organized events I have done. The water tables/ check points were well stocked and the volunteers were friendly and helpful.

Besides the quality of the organization it was a awesome ride. Ouberg was really tough and riding the 50 odd km thereafter in the pitch dark karoo was something I will remember for a very long time.

Well done to everyone involved! Ill will be back for the down ride next year.

This was an awesome event in my books. It was my first MTB and ultra distance event and hence I cannot compare to other MTB events, but I thought they did a marvelous job. There might have been small things, but in general the execution was done very well from what I experienced.

I was quite surprised with my own race too - legs lasted much better than I expected them to. I even got to my blue sky time of 14hrs with just a finish as the actual goal!

I especially loved the last leg in the night air and vast open darkness. It was great to come down the road and meet an unsuspecting rabbit. Twice I also heard an odd shivering/vibrating sound next to the road and could not place it. The farmer where we stayed over later said that it could well have been a porcupine's rushing that I heard.

It was a magical day in the Karoo!

Hi guys. have admit that it was I lying at 190km water point next to the fire. I over supplemented. Body not at all use to caffeine. Awesome event. Thanks to the friend who gave me his biltong. Will be back next time.