Merida vs Silverback

CraigCCW

Just to make it harder... you can get the Silverback at westdene cycles for R14100 (I'm very temted to get one myself). But I must say that I like the merida spec a lot, but too expensive (R19000 is already dual suspension money like Giant Anthem x4 or silverback sprada 2 and there is probably a merida dual suspension priced around here as well)

I think Silverback is one of the most underrated brands on the market, quality bikes, well spec at decent prices compared to other brands with great after service. If you are not a brand junky then Silverback will exceed your expectations

I did look at the Merida Big Nine XT, but I feel that the Silverback is better equipped.

When comparing the components only, the Silverback is on par with The Merida Big Nine 1500, but it seems to me that I would be paying an extra R3000 for the Merida name and possibly the Fox shock.

Still, I really do like the frame on the Merida it is really a good looking frame.

No you are paying more for a Ligther frame and the Fox fork. The 1500 is a lighter frame than the XT.

I still think the Big Nine XT compares better to the Silverback in question.

On the XT you have a better crank, shifters and deraileurs than the Silverback. XT vs SLX.

The fork on the Silverback is only marginally better than that of the XT.

And the wheelset, well the rims more exactly are slightly better on the Silvercrack.