Serengeti Classic MTB Race 2014

scotty

Dunblane happening in the same area 1 March, after punting this one i'm not certain i should advertise it.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.....short cuts, farming, collecting agricultural samples, hike-a-bike.......and seriaaaas performances......not that these riders did it but this was the fun EVERYONE had. Apparently the winner of the (advertised) 60km never got off his bike during the race.......!!!

Jan and Phillemon most definitely earned their top two positions, they are Exxaro Academy riders and train extremely hard. They will also be team mates at the Epic this year and will be pushing for a top 20 overall. Mark Frendo (third) is an Aussie elite rider working in the country for a few months, he rides with our club, Jan, Phillemon and the Exxaro guys while here. He is also the winner of last years 9 day stage Crocodile Trophy in Australia, the first Aussie to do so in 5 years:

http://www.crocodile-trophy.com/index.php?id=51&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=41&cHash=9a195a1bf625acc5d0e041b6da651dd3

Had a chat to Jan on Sunday, he definitely did get off the bike in places where the mud was too thick to ride.

Apparently one can not always believe what you hear.

Edited by Sprocket70

The guy who ended 5th in the 30km race turned around at the serious mud at the back of Serengeti. So beg to question what about the first 4 riders.

:thumbdown:

The guy who ended 5th in the 30km race turned around at the serious mud at the back of Serengeti. So beg to question what about the first 4 riders.

Where can we see pics of the race? Been on jetliners website but doesn't seem to load any image.

Am I the only one that thinks the results are loaded with riders that started the 60km then peeled off at the 30km markers? People near the sharp end of the results that shouldn't be there....

I made an objection to the guy that was initially the first vet. We started in the same group and there was no way he came in before me. I understand there is cash prizes for the category winners so it would have been unfair for him to claim first prize. I see it has been corrected. What gets to me is why people still go through the finish banner when they know they did not complete the entire route?

I made an objection to the guy that was initially the first vet. We started in the same group and there was no way he came in before me. I understand there is cash prizes for the category winners so it would have been unfair for him to claim first prize. I see it has been corrected. What gets to me is why people still go through the finish banner when they know they did not complete the entire route?

Nice ride sir!

Its ignorance mostly I reckon - just rolling to the finish. There are some "pro cheaters" out there and I've witnessed a few but for the most part (I hope!) its just lack of thought on how the timing system works...

At the End even that I was in the TOP 300 in the 30km. It was fun and I have all the mud to prove that I collected the 30km ride mud.