Nofearnofun

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AND .... Stage 2 ....

Please NOTE - the start will be taped so that there are 3 line options -

1. Like i did - roll the bank and then hit the pallet.

2. Roll the bank - into a small kink right onto a trail next to the pallet. This will loose you 2 seconds.

3. Easy line around to the left - down the shallow bank - then turn right in front of the pallet and onto the same kink line that you will do in option 2 ...

It just makes each line progressively slower

AND .... Stage 2 ....

Please NOTE - the start will be taped so that there are 3 line options -

1. Like i did - roll the bank and then hit the pallet.

2. Roll the bank - into a small kink right onto a trail next to the pallet. This will loose you 2 seconds.

3. Easy line around to the left - down the shallow bank - then turn right in front of the pallet and onto the same kink line that you will do in option 2 ...

It just makes each line progressively slower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27OvjI-BJ0A&feature=youtu.be

Wow your footage came out so much better than mine... Mine's all jumpy and stuff, gonna have to give the chest mount another go then.

Just a shameless punt ...

For those of you who have the DH bug bite this weekend (and are small enough to fit a Small Mongoose Boot'r Frame) ....

I will have my Father-in-laws Boot'r Romo Signature Edition bike for sale at Giba this weekend.

He has taken over my GT Fury.

Will put up some pics, but need to get the bike back from a mate who was thinking of taking it before i can.

Small 2011 Mongoose Romo Signature Edition Frame

Rock Shox Vivid 5.1 Rear Shock

Marzocchi 888 Fork

Avid Elixir CR Brakes

Sun Ringle Hubs with Colour coded (gold anodised) Superstar Rims

Funn Bar and Stem

Saint 9spd Shifter

XTR short cage 9spd Rear Derailleur

Truvativ Cranks - (cant remember which though)

E-13 Lg+1 Chain Device.

SDG I-beam seat and post.

All for R10 000

Edited by nigelhicks

Hi all just an update on Stage 2 of the Enduro this weekend ...

A new line was built Yesterday at Giba at the start of Stage 2 just before Richards Rock (see pics) ...

This line will NOT ... i repeat .... WILL NOT be used for the Enduro on the weekend as the jump in question is not case friendly and could lead to some proper crashes ... also as it is new the landing will not be hard in time ...

So please keep to the EXISTING trail which snakes right then left onto Mainline at Richards Rock ....

------------------------------------------------------

Also - from the video i put up ... There will be 3 options at the start of Stage 2 - so if you dont want to ride the bank or the pallet you dont have to ...

You can either ride the Bank and then skirt the pallet, or go to the left down the existing trail and this will also bypass the pallet.

thanks Nige

post-16861-0-01586200-1392192876_thumb.jpg

post-16861-0-28688800-1392192879_thumb.jpg

Hi all just an update on Stage 2 of the Enduro this weekend ...

A new line was built Yesterday at Giba at the start of Stage 2 just before Richards Rock (see pics) ...

This line will NOT ... i repeat .... WILL NOT be used for the Enduro on the weekend as the jump in question is not case friendly and could lead to some proper crashes ... also as it is new the landing will not be hard in time ...

So please keep to the EXISTING trail which snakes right then left onto Mainline at Richards Rock ....

------------------------------------------------------

Also - from the video i put up ... There will be 3 options at the start of Stage 2 - so if you dont want to ride the bank or the pallet you dont have to ...

You can either ride the Bank and then skirt the pallet, or go to the left down the existing trail and this will also bypass the pallet.

thanks Nige

Very nice jump tho! Any idea how big that gp is? looks about 3m..

not sure - you can jump it if you are practicing .. but just remember that the section wont be used for the race

Nige, on the Spruit we have to jump similar gaps without the assistance of gravity in the run up :lol:

So yes we will be sessioning that one. :thumbup:

not you guys im worried about - its joe soap who thinks he can jump but actually cant.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jkNcMZVGCOw/S5fkxtqYcKI/AAAAAAAAAHc/TvIwwjBaxCI/s400/hand_raising.jpg

Difference is that I know I can't jump..... I like to think of myself a gravitationally challenged :thumbup:

Nige, on the Spruit we have to jump similar gaps without the assistance of gravity in the run up :lol:

So yes we will be sessioning that one. :thumbup:

not you guys im worried about - its joe soap who thinks he can jump but actually cant.

What SLiiick meant to say was that our jumps on the spruit are like having to pedal uphill as if you are jumping the jump in the pick but in the wrong direction!