Riding argus with 29er, slicks, 2x10 gearing

Single Track

Hi all,

The argus will be my first road race ever and today I realised that my bike, being 2x10, may work against me...

I absolutely hate road riding(because of the other road users) but decided to man up and enter the argus. Will riding 2x10 make getting a good time in the Argus a big challenge?

Should make a plan to get a road bike?

Im am not much slower on my 29 er with knobblies 2x10 than on my road bike, so with slicks you should be able to have a decent enough time. Think that highway part after climb in constantia you may spin out so train your cadence...

If your rims are not too wide you could even throw on your 700c road/touring tires. I myself am thinking of putting a set of 700cx35 touring bike tires on my P-XC2 wagon wheels for some speed on the road.

And with a set of 700mm wide bars you will have a lot of breathing room in that bunch.

And put a 10sp road casette on as well. Gives you better ratios, although as mentioned above you might still spin out.

Edited by camelman

We also absolutely hate road riding,

due to other people showing up with the wrong equipment. :whistling: :ph34r: