Extreme Vodacom bill

Eggman

Hi

This is my first topic posted on the Hub and its not even cycling related but I have been an regular reader here for more than a year.

Yesterday I received a call from Vodacom that my data account (1gb a month) is at about 23GB / R20,000. We keep track of our usage and had some data build up over the past few months so we let the data go to 5Gb as indicated by that program that the dongle runs of.

When they contacted me they told me the account was still active and using data although the pc was off. I have since stopped the account.

They are currently busy with an internal investigation.

Has anybody on the Hub ever had a similar experience? If so, what are my options? Obviously paying R20k for Data usage was not planned so any advise would be appreciated.

So they contact u when it gets to R20k... "irregular usage" right? Normal usage is like R5k... my arguement would be why do they wait for it to get to R20k??? Is it not maybe that someone has hijacked ur wifi? Just a thought if data being used yet pc off...

So they contact u when it gets to R20k... "irregular usage" right? Normal usage is like R5k... my arguement would be why do they wait for it to get to R20k??? Is it not maybe that someone has hijacked ur wifi? Just a thought if data being used yet pc off...

I apologize, I accidentally made a double post. Don't know how to delete it. I see people are commenting on the other one?

But anyway, thats one of my main problems! Why wait until it goes that high?

I dint have wifi... I use one of those dongle things