[Event] Enduro Race - PE - Scott Ayton Enduro

Brian Fantana

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When is the next one?

We'll have to decide on a time and a venue. We can use Hayterdale again, but I think it is time for some proper spadework in Longmore Forest. I have two runs of about 2km in length in mind. Both runs have 200-250m descent. It is just a matter of obtaining approval and raking some pine needles and shaping a few berms. There will be 2 stages, with 1 x practice run and 2 x race runs on each stage. So you will do 3 laps on race day.

Next one will be Strava only, and we'll get a cellular reception booster/antenna for Strava uploads.

Think it is time for a dedicated Enduro committee to be formed.

We'll have to decide on a time and a venue. We can use Hayterdale again, but I think it is time for some proper spadework in Longmore Forest. I have two runs of about 2km in length in mind. Both runs have 200-250m descent. It is just a matter of obtaining approval and raking some pine needles and shaping a few berms. There will be 2 stages, with 1 x practice run and 2 x race runs on each stage. So you will do 3 laps on race day.

Next one will be Strava only, and we'll get a cellular reception booster/antenna for Strava uploads.

Now you've got me all excited again.

Just on the Strava details, while it is an brilliant way to time events there are people who run GPS and then export to strava afterwards which are excluded if times are assessed straight after the event. They would need to run it on their phones to be included.

Oh, and remember the donkey's for getting bikes up the hills for the next event!!!

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

Now you've got me all excited again.

Just on the Strava details, while it is an brilliant way to time events there are people who run GPS and then export to strava afterwards which are excluded if times are assessed straight after the event. They would need to run it on their phones to be included.

Oh, and remember the donkey's for getting bikes up the hills for the next event!!!

Well if a rider tracks his workout with a gps it is his responsibility to bring a laptop along and upload the workout to Strava. We will definitely ensure better cellular reception at the next one. I have camped a Hayterdale many times before, and always got just enough reception to upload workouts to Endomondo, but I suspect the number of people uploading at the same time made a difference.

Sounds really good.

• 1 month later...

What is the latest news of Longmore...

Well, before we can have another Enduro in PE, I think we need to start an Enduro Committee where each member gets his turn to organise one event per year.

I won't have time to organise another one this year, as I need to manage the marathon series our club will be hosting later this year, and I am busy setting up permanently marked and maintained routes in the Baakens Valley.

Well, before we can have another Enduro in PE, I think we need to start an Enduro Committee where each member gets his turn to organise one event per year.

I won't have time to organise another one this year, as I need to manage the marathon series our club will be hosting later this year, and I am busy setting up permanently marked and maintained routes in the Baakens Valley.

Many hands make light work.

PM me and I can try and help out where possible.

Im sure there are a couple of us that would help with spade work and sort out where we can...