How to use ERGOFIT Parameters to buy a new bike

worriesnot

I'm just looking at my ERGOFIT printout and was wondering whether it can be used to select a new bike. And how?

Does anyone know how to interpret the results (can it even be used) to ultimately buy a new bike?

my ergofit gave me ideal TT length as well as crank and stem length, that should get you the right size frame/bike.

Edited by rock

I'm just looking at my ERGOFIT printout and was wondering whether it can be used to select a new bike. And how?

Does anyone know how to interpret the results (can it even be used) to ultimately buy a new bike?

Are you looking for road or mtb frame. What are your measurements for TT and head tube?

Using the 'ideal top tube' dimension, you can shop for frames based on their geometry.

And then you give the bike shop the other dimensions, and they build the up accordingly. You should end up with a bike that fits you well.

Are you looking for road or mtb frame. What are your measurements for TT and head tube?

MTB and effective TT was calculated at 631mm.

Didn't get any head tube dimensions however on existing bike it's 110mm.

Probably worth mentioning that existing bike TT is 620mm so not far off from calculated value of 631mm.

My current bike is a Merida HT, Medium (19"). To get my position right I had to get a 115mm stem so probably should've gotten a Large (21") which would then mean a shorter stem.

But that's all in the past and the problem is with getting a new bike.

I'm looking to get a Giant Anthem 27.5.

To get an Anthem with the nearest match to the calculated TT length I have to get an XL (635mm).

Weird to think about getting an XL...

Anyway;

If I go with the XL Anthem I will still need to get a fairly long stem. I'm trying to get away from that as it feels like I'm hanging over the front wheel on the Merida and feels like everything is slowed down and sluggish.

So in the end, if you look at the above, it looks like the only Anthem I can ride is a XL with a 110mm+ long stem.

Is this right or am I missing something bigtime?

Oh, and the 29er Anthem have the same geometry.

Edited by worriesnot

Mine stuffed me around. The saddle was 1.5cm to short. It brought on the knee pain, but resolved the lower back issue.

Email your chosen frames geometry specs to technician that did your assesment. Ask them to give you an opinion on whether its suited for you. Best attach for both L and XL frame specs. Everything is taken into account, seat tube, head tube, saddle height with reach and drop to handlebar. Depending on which package you took you can then take new bike for fitting which is an extra R150 I think if you had your original bike fitted.