merida one forty

shakamara

Does anyone know if the merida one forty range is available locally? Read some good reviews on the bike but cant find any local content. Looks like a good option when paired against the giant trance 2. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Edited by shakamara

I was also looking for one last year, but was told that the Merida agents decided not to import them as the they didn't think they would sell locally. Guess the Trance 2 proved them wrong on that.

As a Merida fan, it is a pity in my view.

Just for info, I bought the trance 2 and am loving it.

Thanks for the feedback. Was that for the 2013 and 2014 range? Looks like the 2014 one forty has a little better spec than the trance. Had a chance to look at a trance 2 this week, nice bike but was informed of almost a 20% price increase from this month. That logic doesnt make sense at all to me. Surely if you have already imported your goods you have paid what needs to be paid and the current exchange rate and import duties doesnt effect your stock prices. Sounds like normal 'taking the client for a ride' speech to me.