Looking for: MTB riders in Stellenbosch

GroenHoender

Hello all,

I have recently started riding MTB again (after a long hiatus of about 10 years).

Since I am hearing-impaired, and have average fitness (spending about 2 or 3 days in gym, and planning to spend the other alternative days on a MTB outdoors), I am looking for MTB bikers who are willing to take me along, for motivation as well as group support.

I could ride out alone on my own (lots of tar / dirt / gravel roads in / around Stellenbosch) but prefer not to do so, for safety reasons.

Would like to slowly and gradually work my way up in MTB.

Any takers out there, or any groups in Stellenbosch?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I'm noob in stellies as well. MTB and road. not cycled for about 20 years and started beginning of year again

I would like to setup some group rides from this side so please drop me PM or reply to thread if you interested

L:

IF you guys are willing to ravel to Somerset west to ride...check out Wannabees club...

FB:

https://www.facebook...s/279283793200/

and

http://wannabteam.com/

Sorry for the shameless punt, but they have really nice grpoup rides every Sat & Sun AM and caters for various level of fitness and noobness!

From there on...you guys can always start a Stellenbosch strating group...

Cassie, Thanks ... I'm Liaan on the FB post enquiring about the Stellies groups. Joined today and want to try organise something from this side as extra hour travel to LC is hour less I can ride ;)

L:

Hello all,

I have recently started riding MTB again (after a long hiatus of about 10 years).

Since I am hearing-impaired, and have average fitness (spending about 2 or 3 days in gym, and planning to spend the other alternative days on a MTB outdoors), I am looking for MTB bikers who are willing to take me along, for motivation as well as group support.

I could ride out alone on my own (lots of tar / dirt / gravel roads in / around Stellenbosch) but prefer not to do so, for safety reasons.

Would like to slowly and gradually work my way up in MTB.

Any takers out there, or any groups in Stellenbosch?

PM me, we can talk. I am in the area and try not to cycle here very day, but fail. :)

Eden and G-spot (mostly), Jonkers, Wannabee black route.

Give me a tinkle.

Hi,

I'm noob in stellies as well. MTB and road. not cycled for about 20 years and started beginning of year again

I would like to setup some group rides from this side so please drop me PM or reply to thread if you interested

L:

I live in Stellies, am also new to MTBing and just decided to enter the Enduroman (i might regret this later LOL), and need some fun, laid back people to ride with as well....some of these Stellies folk are super fast and strong! My mail address is: thesportsdepartment@gmail.com

I ride on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays and Saturdays preferably?

Keep it going, guys /gals!

All I can say is...this is how cyclings groups /clubs start! By a few interested / passionate individuals...

Edited by Cassie

Anyone keen for a ride in Jonkers tomorrow? Still waiting to confirm a time but will be later in the morning/day.

I live in Stellenbosch and I'll probably be riding Jonkers on Saturday (I do most Saturdays). PM me if you're interested...

Suikerbossie, you're on for Saturday. Me and a mate are going. He's a beginner so pace will probably be slow. Then again, who rides Jonkers to race? Just need to be back home before DH WC starts! :)

Edited by Loupie

Hi Guys and Gals, there is a night ride group which rides every Thursday evening from 6pm up in Jonkers....some of these guys and guys are pretty good riders, so I wanted to find out if anyone was perhaps keep to ride "for the fun of it," and for more of a social ride rather than an actual training session ride, but in the form of a night ride as well....ie. do the circle route and this bunch can meet perhaps at around 6:30pm rather and then we might finish at around the same time as the more serious riders who start at 6pm?

Any group rides in Stellenbosch yet? I know BMT used to have some mornings...

From what I have heard, "Mason's Bike Inn" (in centre of Eikestad Mall complex) occassionally organise a bike group ride but I have not yet got around to confirm it or not.

The maties club does rides, check out their FB page

Could you please tell us what the name of the FB group is?

Also, are they for serious bikers, or beginners like some of us (including me)? ;-)