Which brakes?

Chip

Hey fellow Hubbers,

I have a bit of a dilemma, I have 2 sets of hydraulic brakes, namely Shimano M975 XTR and Formula R1's, which would would you put on your Enduro/AM bike and why?

I hear Formula parts and pads are expensive and not easily found, is this true?

Any advice/comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dale

i have Formula 1 R's on my stumpjumper and havent had any problems with them!!! and Rush Sports sells all spares for Formula 1 brakes.

Hey fellow Hubbers,

I have a bit of a dilemma, I have 2 sets of hydraulic brakes, namely Shimano M975 XTR and Formula R1's, which would would you put on your Enduro/AM bike and why?

I hear Formula parts and pads are expensive and not easily found, is this true?

Any advice/comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dale

Hi Dale, I am currently running Formula RX cylinders (which are similar to the R1 brakes) pared with The One calipers and they are freaking fantastic. Will definitely recommend them, however they are K*K expensive to when it comes to parts etc. Had to replace the lever after a crash and it almost cost the same as a complete XT brake.

Edited by Heinrich Hattingh

If you have both, take one for a ride on a Saturday morning and the other one on exactly the same route the next Saturday and feel which one does the job the best. my guess is there wont be much difference.

As for scarcity of formula brake pads, nothing is scarce anymore with online shopping;)