Chain help please

VolkAdik

Hi guys, i have three bicycles that i want to change components between.

Scott Aspect 620 26" - 3x10 speed Deore with Deore shifters KMC X10 chain

Silverback Slade 4 27.5" - 3x8 speed Acera/Altus Altus Shifters KMC Z8 chain

Merida BigNine TFS300 29er - 3x9 speed SLX/Acera Acera shifters KMC Z99 9s chain

i want to change 3x8 to the Scott

the 3x9 to the silverback but with the deore rd

and the 3x10 to the merida keeping the slx, all 3 bikes are 2014 models

Will the chains fit over from the one to the other with the Cassettes swap, would i need master links for each and what kind?

I would keep them all together as they came. You may get away with the RD change as you want but I wouldn't bank on it. Keep the chains with the cassettes/shifters. You will need quick links for 8,9 and 10 speed chains, any brand. Also make sure that the FD's will fit on the frames.

first off - can only run a 8/9/10 spd chain with a 8/9/10 spd drive train, they are not cross compatable.

they may not necessarily fit as is as the chainstay length on the various bikes may differ, may have to add or remove some links.

Thanks for the info guys, so its not worth the effort right now, I would have liked to convert the merida to a 30speed but keeping the SLX RD, research shows it only supports 9speed. Oh well...

My chain keeps falling off, could it be the chain length, or are there other things to consider? it doesnt happen at the time of changing to the bigger ring (2x10), rather during the ride. there are three screws on my RD, High/low and the 3rd adjusts the distance between the the hub area and pullys. i assumed that screw is for chain tension. It is at its maximum already...

Any suggestions welcomed. ^_^