Giro d' Italia 2014

'Dale

The gap to the four leaders is infact 46 seconds with 20km to go. Frapporti is also in the break. And they've started the penultimate climb.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are plenty of riders struggling at the back of the bunch with the pace increasing with every pedal stroke. Wegmann has been dropped and now the rain has started. This could be crucial on the technical descent before the final climb.

The climb the Viggiano twice and a number of riders have sat up. Only Thurau remains on the attack.

And it looks like Petrov has crashed. A number of riders have fallen. Just as the rain starts.

Into the last 15km of racing and the rain is really falling now. Deignan was caught up behind the crash but Evans has hit the front at just the right time with his BMC team.

Will the race be nullified on the descent? there's talk of that on race radio.

Pozzovivo has been caught up in the fall to and has been forced to chase.

Riders all over the road but more riders are coming back into contention. The field are about to crest the top of the climb for the first time. Sanchez is off the back too. Evans has enough support for now though.

Over the line for the first time. Basso is there, Roche too, Cataldo, Evans, Uran.

Rodriguez is there. Sanchez has made it back and now the descent will start. Not seen Quintana yet but he should be in there.

Rain jackets are being put on my some riders. Will they knock the pace off? Well Evans isnt taking any risks and he's on second wheel with one teammate infront of him. Scarponi and Uran are close by.

Monfort is there and Moreno. Katusah lead over the top of the climb and now we're onto the descent. It's very technical with a number of tight corners. The roads are wet and we've already seen crashes. The tension is really starting to build.

A lot of nervous riders, some are willing to race and some gaps are opening.