3Mountains 2015

G-man

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi. Are you sorted or would you like thecontact details for the people at camp site

Managed to get hold of the lady. Told me to just pitch up and say I have paid. We don't get booking numbers or anything. Suppose at R200 for 3 nights I shouldn't complain ....

• 4 weeks later...

Not a bad event. Except for the endless grasbolle. :o

Fully agree.

Can handle a lot of things, but more than 50% of the time riding over "graspolle", that even makes a dual sus feels like a hardtail, is not my idea of fun.

Overall good.

yip grass was a bit rough and I was on a hardtail!!! ;)

Really enjoyed it, was my first stage race, so can't compare to any others.

Thumbs up! and lucky the rain held out on the last day, cos the next morning it poured.

Ya gras bolle is never lekker..my gat is sore. But otherwise I enjoyed the routes. One of the highlights for me has to be witnessing all those ancient tractors racing up and down the field

agree, and how cool is this truck!!!

Ya gras bolle is never lekker..my gat is sore. But otherwise I enjoyed the routes. One of the highlights for me has to be witnessing all those ancient tractors racing up and down the field

post-44218-0-53324500-1427261541_thumb.jpg

Excellent event. Things I would want to see as improvements/ideas:

1. If routemap says 2 water points, don't have just one. Especially on Sat the point was AFTER the long climb and only 8km before the end of the 42.

2. Put the easier stage (Friday) on the last day. Finishing quicker gives me more time to pack and go home (very minor issue though).

3. Rather than longish night stage, consider a 15km sprit event in town and through show grounds. A bit like XCO. We will see more of each other and what about a huge bring and braai afterwards. You give fires and each brings own dop and tjop? Just to get the social vibe going as well.

But irrespective, it was fantastic and we will be back, hopefully with a few more friends.

• 2 weeks later...

I stuffed up my rear derailleur three quarters through stage one. Broke the hanger off. Derailleur was mangled into the cassette and spokes, bike not ride able. Couldn't buy one there.

Phoned the wife and had my single speed sent from Bloem.

Rode the shorter stage on day two. 32/16 gearing hurt plenty.

When I heard that the final stage was shortened, rode the final stage longer distance on the SS again.

Was lekker.

That portage up the mountain on stage one was eina.

I particularly enjoyed the blood taste in my mouth during the prologue........... not

Archived