Just done 35km of awesome riding on part of the 65km KONKA MTB race to be held on 7 June near Rustenburg (Only hour out of Joeys!) Second year of race and even better route! Lost of brilliant single track, cattle track and horse trails. Superb fun riding along "Penny Lane" in the riverine bush - very pretty. Some river crossings which will probably be dry and one nasty rocky jeep track climb- "Henno's Revenge" - which is rideable for those with good bike skills providing no-one stops in front of you! Race not to be missed coz you cannot ride the route otherwise.Trails even nicer than van Gaalens and that is saying something! Bring the family to the Konka Adventure centre - lots for them to do. I have just entered on Cycle Events. You won't be sorry and I guarantee you will be back with your friends next year too. Race designed by Hennie Fourie. Cannot wait for 7 June!

Last year finish over floating bridge was lots of fun for the spectators to watch! Only one rider had a spectacular finish!

post-26128-0-58955600-1399218624_thumb.jpg

post-26128-0-81088900-1399218739_thumb.jpg

Edited by JoJaCa

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished the Sani2c Trail. Awesome as usual. Next up the Magalies Monster. Then Konka MTB on 7 June and I cannot wait for the best single track ever on this new race!!

You are right, the single track is amazing running next to the river along old horse trails and a very well organised race with an interesting finish.....!!!

I see this event is now registered on the Events page. I have heard there is a bike up for lucky draw at the end of the race. Met Hennie at the Monster, and says he has done Sani2C, Kalahari Challange, Tour de Tuli and many other races. He has found more single track for us to enjoy!!

This is gonna be an awesome ride. I love the route from the Brauhaus back to Konka along the river and horse and cattle paths.