What Is My Bike Worth

mspalk

I mean, you published the add.. I’m not sure what your bike is worth(not a mtb guy) but if you get 8k for it that’s awesome.. if no one buys then your price is too high.. you’ll get offers etc.. just go with what feels right for you, unless you too high and it ain’t selling, then adjust your expectations accordingly🤷🏼‍♂️

I wouldn't pay more than R3500

Firstly 26 is not desirable

It has a 10 speed and none of the other component are particularly good either 

So ye I would say 3500 would be amazing, but you should accept and thing around 3000

Edited by herrowpreeze

i sold a higher level dual sus, with good componentry for 8k the other day 

650b and 2016 hurt it badly 

Also when selling an older bike, you need to specify when the fork and shock were serviced and bearings on the pivot points. Servicing these three items at today's prices will cost more than what the bike is worth!

26" is , as said, not desirable and likewise with non-tubeless tyres. 

Older Geometry (2012) also scores lower points, so yeah not quite worth what you're asking for it.

Often someone will buy an older bike for sentimental reasons - like that was the same model that he had years ago (for example). Anyway, good luck...

30 minutes ago, mspalk said:

let me know what you guys think of it?

Are you looking to sell yours and buy another bike or just reviewing other secondhand bike prices that are for sale?

2 hours ago, mspalk said:

I put it on for 6.5k now, Thats the lowest I can go, but I did find this Giant Giant anthem 3(M)*like new*10s | Dual Suspension Mountain Bikes | Bike Hub which is pretty good. I got it down to 8.6 k with courier (courier was R600) let me know what you guys think of it

Alternatively I am looking at this stumpjumper Specialized Sworks stumpjumper | Dual Suspension Mountain Bikes | Bike Hub 

Are those bikes a material upgrade to your old bike though?

One thing I think its worth mentioning is that mtb geometry improved a lot over the last 10 years, I don't think trading in a 12 year old bike for a slightly better specced 12/10 year old bike is particularly good value for money. If you go second hand I would suggest not going further back than 2017 or thereabouts.